As I approached the thirties club , I was blessed to still have skin of the twenties club. Many thanks to two things : 1. My melanin 2. My mothers porcelain skin. At 47 , she still has vibrant bright skin. However , with modern day technology and information, I don't want to solely depend on mamas good looks. So I decided to add a #3 to my skin...a rigorous disciplined skincare routine. Growing up, I never had acne (blessings) and never really experienced puberty facially. At thirty one, I now want to preserve my skin and take care of it, so it takes care of me into old age. I first focused on a healthy diet consisted of juicing, exercise and a pescetarian meal plan.
Next after thorough research, I started a new routine. As I care a lot about chemicals...I like to take a more holistic approach to health. Up to recently my skin care routine has consisted of shea butter, black soap and aloe vera face masks. However , I noticed a difference in my skin, when I recently switched up my routine. My face appears more brighter and vibrant. With the everyday stress of city life, weather and more, its important to take it a level up.
So in the past few months, I slowly added a few more steps to my skin care routine. Remember to research what works best for your skin type and health. I have listed my steps below for a combination skin type.
1. Wash with cold water. Product: Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser
2. Pat face dry lightly with a clean face towel
3. Use a toner. Product: Thayers Witch Hazel (Use a small amount on a cotton swab.)
4. Moisturize! Toner is great but can dry your face out. So moisturize as soon as it dries. Product: Neutrogena Naturals face lotion.
1. Wash with cold water. Product : Black soap. This soap is magic. An old African secret. Keeps skin tight, helps with tone and has amazing healing properties for scars. It can be drying , so remember to moisturize.
2. Serum. This product comes in many different forms for different needs. I personally like my product. The next morning my face always looks radiant. Product: Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum. Place small drops on your T zone. gently spread on face. Let it dry.
3. Moisturize. At night , I use Shea Butter. In its purest form. At night our skin does the most healing and reconstructing. It is super important to moisturize at night. Shea butter has amazing properties and combined with black soap is like magic.
-Aloe Vera Plant face mask. Cut plant open, add water and mix into a paste. Add to face and leave on for twenty minutes. Rinse thoroughly with cold water.
-Shea moisture Rose Oil Face Mask
-Shea Terra Morrocan Lava Camels Milk Face Mask
-Ice bath: Rub face with ice cubes.
I am not a cosmetologist. These products work great for me and I personally Recommend them all. Find the products that work best for you but definitely involve a great facial wash, serum and moisturizer.